Current Employment Opportunities
The City of Portland is accepting applications for a full-time Ambulance Director. The Portland Ambulance Department is a full-service department serving a 3900-person community located 20 miles west of Lansing.
- Applicants must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred),
- A State of Michigan license as a paramedic with certification in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS),
- Five or more years of progressively more responsible experience in emergency medical response or related field, including supervisory and administrative duties, and
- Substantial knowledge of the professional principles, practices, laws and regulation emergency response, ambulance services, advanced life support, and related administration.
Salary range is $54,422 to $73,184 DOQ. In addition, the City provides an excellent benefit package and retirement plan.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and completed application, to email@example.com
The City of Portland Ambulance Department is accepting applications for a Full-Time Paramedic. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit your application to Mindy Tolan via mail to:
Portland City Hall
259 Kent St.
Portland, MI 48875
or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Job Posting & Job Description
This position works 24-hour shifts with a 3-week rotation. The department has relatively lower call volumes and allows time to further your education. It is the Paramedic Pay Grade on the City of Portland Pay Table which offers a starting wage of $50,852/year.
Benefits package includes:
- MERS Hybrid Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has PPO Gold
- Dental Insurance, Delta Dental PPO
- Vision Insurance, Ameritas - VSP
- Health Reimbursement Account, BASIC
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance Included
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Employee Assistance Program
PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The City of Portland is accepting applications for a part-time Police Officer position. The Portland Police Department is a full service department serving a 3900 person community located 20 miles west of Lansing.
Applicants MUST have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or its equivalent and be eligible for certification as provided in Public Act 203, as amended.
Applicants must have taken and passed the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards pre-employment tests. Preference will be given to applicants who have graduated from an MCOLES Police Academy. Hourly rate is $19.94.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and completed application, to:
This position will remain open until filled.
Police Officer Job Description
For more information contact: 517-647-4111 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer"
"In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, the City of Portland is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.
You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence, S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD) or by email at email@example.com
"USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer"