City Council Election
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that any qualified elector of the City of Portland who is not already registered, may register to vote at the City Clerk’s office, the office of the County Clerk, a Secretary of State branch office, or other designated state agency. Registration forms can be obtained at mi.gov/vote and mailed to the City Clerk. Voters who are already registered may update their registration at www.expressSOS.com.
The last day to register in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk is Monday, October 21, 2019.
After this date, anyone who qualifies as an elector may register to vote in person with proof of residency (MCL 168.492) at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 259 Kent St., Portland, MI 48875 at the following times:
- Regular business hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 8:00 – Noon and Sunday, November 3, 2019 from 8:00 – Noon
- Election Day, Tuesday, November 5, 2019
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the City of Portland will be voting for 3 City Council Members on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Automatic Absentee Voter Application List
DID YOU KNOW? You can skip the line on Election Day and vote by mail? Voting has never been easier! With the passage of Proposal 18-3 last November, new options are available for Michigan voters. One of the biggest changes is that ALL eligible voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason. If you are a registered voter in the City of Portland you can request to be placed on the Clerk's Automatic Absentee Application List to save a step in the future.
Benefits of being on the Automatic Absentee Application List:
- You will automatically receive an absent voter ballot application for every election.
- If you choose to return the application, we will send you a ballot as soon as they arrive in our office.
- You will avoid potentially long lines at the polls.
- You can take your time studying the ballot and vote from home when you are ready.
To be added to the list, submit the Automatic Absentee Voter Application Request Form here, or stop by City Hall to pick up a form. If you have any questions about the process please contact the City Clerk at 517-647-3211.