State Primary Election - August 4, 2020
Polls are open on Election Day from 7 am to 8 pm
Elections in Portland are held on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, 259, Kent St.
You can find the most updated information about voter registration, absentee ballots, as well as to check your registration status and polling location at the Michigan Voter Information Center. You call also the City Clerk for more information.
- Monday, July 20th - Last day to register to vote in any matter other than in-person at your local Clerk's Office.
- Tuesday, July 21st through Tuesday, August 4th until 8 pm - A person may register to vote in-person at their local Clerk's Office with proof of residency.
- Friday, July 31st at 5 pm - Deadline to request an absent voter ballot to be mailed via first class mail.
- Monday, August 3rd until 4 pm - Last day for registered voters to request an absent voter ballot in-person at the Clerk's Office. Photo ID or completion of an Affidavit Not in Possession of Photo ID is required.
- Tuesday, August 4th until 8 pm - A person registering on Election Day in-person in the Clerk's Office may obtain and vote an absent voter ballot or vote in their proper precinct.
The City Clerk's Office will be open for Election related business during the following extended hours:
- Saturday, March 7th from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m.
2020 Election Dates
November 3, 2020 - Presidential Election
Michigan Voter Information Center
Absentee Voter Application (PDF)
Voter Registration Application