City Council Election - November 2, 2021
Polls are open on Election Day from 7 am to 8 pm
Absentee ballots will be available Monday, September 20th and are available by request from the City Clerk.
Requests to have an absentee ballot mailed to you must be received by the City Clerk no later than October 29, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
Voters can obtain an absentee ballot in person at the Clerk's office until 4:00 P.M. on Monday, November 1, 2021.
The Clerk will be in the office Sunday, October 31, 2021 from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. to receive in person requests.
Please call the Clerk at 517-647-3211 with any questions or to request an absentee ballot application.
You can find the most updated information about voter registration, absentee ballots, as well as to check your registration status and polling location at the Michigan Voter Information Center. You call also the City Clerk for more information.
- Monday, June 21st - Nominating petitions for the office of City Council (3 vacancies) available at the City Clerk's office.
- Monday, July 20th at 4:00 P.M. - Nominating petitions due at City Clerk's office.
- Monday, October 18th - Last day to register to vote in any matter other than in-person at your local Clerk's Office.
- Tuesday, October 19th through Tuesday, November 2nd until 8 pm - A person may register to vote in-person at their local Clerk's Office with proof of residency.
- Friday, October 29th at 5 pm - Deadline to request an absent voter ballot to be mailed via first class mail.
- Monday, November 1st until 4 pm - Last day for registered voters to request an absent voter ballot in-person at the Clerk's Office. Photo ID or completion of an Affidavit Not in Possession of Photo ID is required.
- Tuesday, November 2nd until 8 pm - A person registering on Election Day in-person in the Clerk's Office may obtain and vote an absent voter ballot or vote in their proper precinct.
The City Clerk's Office will be open for Election related business during the following extended hours:
- Sunday, October 31, 2021 from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Michigan Voter Information Center - Check your voter registration, apply for an absentee ballot and view your absentee ballot status and view sample ballots.
Michigan Secretary of State Elections and Voting FAQs
Military and Overseas Voters: Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request/Federal Post Card Application (FPCA)