- You are here:
- City Government
- City Clerk
General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Polls are open on Election Day from 7 am to 8 pm
Absentee ballots will be available by Friday, September 29th and are available by request from the City Clerk.
Requests to have an absentee ballot mailed to you must be received by the City Clerk no later than November 4, 2022 at 4:30 P.M.
Voters can obtain an absentee ballot in person at the Clerk's office until 4:00 P.M. on Monday, November 7, 2022.
The Clerk will be in the office Sunday, November 6, 2022 from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. to receive in person requests.
Please call the Clerk at 517-647-3211 with any questions or to request an absentee ballot application.
You can find the most updated information about voter registration, absentee ballots, as well as to check your registration status and polling location at the Michigan Voter Information Center. You call also the City Clerk for more information.
Election Commission & Public Accuracy Testing
The Portland Election Commission, has been scheduled to to meet at 8:30 A.M. on Friday, October 7, 2022 on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, located at 259 Kent St., Portland, MI.
The purposed of the meeting is to approve the election inspectors, schedule the starting time for the Absentee Voting Counting Board and to hold the Public Accuracy Test for the Tuesday, November 8, 2022 General Election.
The Public Accuracy Test is conducted to demonstrate the computer program used to tabulate the votes cast at the election meets the requirements of law.
- Monday, October 24, 2022 - Last day to register to vote in any matter other than in-person at your local Clerk's Office.
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022 through November 8, 2022 at 8:00 pm - A person may register to vote in-person at their local Clerk's Office with proof of residency.
- Friday, November 4, 2022 at 4:30 P.M. - Deadline to request an absent voter ballot to be mailed via first class mail.
- Monday, November 7, 2022 until 4:00 P.M. - Last day for registered voters to request an absent voter ballot in-person at the Clerk's Office. Photo ID or completion of an Affidavit Not in Possession of Photo ID is required.
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022 until 8:00 P.M. - A person registering on Election Day in-person in the Clerk's Office may obtain and vote an absent voter ballot or vote in their proper precinct.
The City Clerk's Office will be open for Election related business during the following extended hours:
- Sunday, November 6, 2022 from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Michigan Voter Information Center - Check your voter registration, apply for an absentee ballot and view your absentee ballot status and view sample ballots.
Michigan Secretary of State Elections and Voting FAQs
Military and Overseas Voters: Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request/Federal Post Card Application (FPCA)
259 Kent St.
Portland, MI 48875
Nikki MillerCity ClerkPhone: 517-647-3211