Brush Pickup & Yard Clean Up
Yard waste; including leaves, should be placed at the curb in paper yard waste bags; the DPW will pick them up. City Residents (only) may also self-haul their leaves to the compost pile behind the horse arena at Bogue Flats at any time. Loose leaf pick up will begin in late September and will continue through the first Monday of December.
The is divided into 2 areas for brush pickup (PDF).
Area Number 1
- East of the Grand River and south of Grand River Avenue (the east side),
- Brush will be picked up curb side on the first and third Monday of the month
Area Number 2
- This includes the rest of the city.
- Brush will be picked up on the second and fourth Monday of each month.
- Brush needs to be neatly stacked with ends facing the same direction that are no longer than 8' in length (brush piles) and no branches should be larger than 6'' in diameter.
- Small branches and twigs shorter than 2' should be bound together, placed in paper biodegradable bags, or containers that will be returned to your yard.
- Stumps and root balls will not be picked up.
- Please do not place brush behind or close to signs, fire hydrants, trees, etc.
- This service is for maintenance not lot clearing and is available for residents.
- It is not for contractor use.
- Brush may be placed curbside between the Friday before pick up and 7 am on pick up day.
- Brush should be placed in your curb lawn and not placed in the roadway pursuant to City Ordinance.
- The D.P.W. will accept self-haul brush Monday through Friday 7 am to 3 pm.
- These services are for residents of The City of Portland only.
- The brush drop off is located at:
451 Morse Dr